COVID-19 update – 19/03/2020
Further to the Prime Minister’s announcements last night, our last night of teaching will be tonight (Thursday 19th March) until further notice.
Oasis Leisure facilities & North Baddesley Village Hall are now closed and, although Mountbatten Community are still saying we can use their facilities for the time being, I don’t feel this is the right thing to do after the schools close and the government are requesting that we all observe social-distancing!
As previously stated, please do not send you child to class tonight if they are unwell and please wash hands before classes.
I will, of course, keep you updated as and when I have any information about resuming classes.
I hope you all stay safe and well. Jena x
Welcome to Sylvan School of Dance
At Sylvan School of Dance we welcome children aged 3 years and upwards and offer classes in a variety of dance genres which we hope will appeal to anyone with a love of dance.
Sylvan School of Dance is a close-knit, friendly school offering dance to pupils of all abilities.
Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz and more!
We offer syllabus classes based on RAD ballet and ISTD modern and tap teaching methods. Examinations are offered in these subjects.
In addition, we offer a number of supplementary non-syllabus classes to compliment these and pupils may elect to participate in as many or as few classes as they wish.
We also produce school shows staged in a local theatre, offer summer workshops and participate in local dance competitions.
We run classes in 3 locations:
- Oasis Academy, Lordshill Southampton.
- Mountbatten School
- North Baddesley Village Hall.
Many of the children attend from North Baddesley, Chandlers Ford, Romsey, Rownhams and surrounding areas of Southampton.
We believe that it’s vital to provide individual support for every student.
- We encourage our students to develop knowledge and understanding of dance technique, musicality and artistry.
- We encourage our students to strive towards meaningful goals and support them throughout their dance training.
- Our philosophy is applied to all levels of our teaching training. Students are encouraged to get involved in all dance subjects.
- Our goals are to create enjoyment and creativity in dance movement and strive towards a professional level.
- Our responsibilities are to respect all individuals, deliver good practice, safe guard and promote well-being regardless of their age, gender, ethnicity, development stage, religious belief or whether the individual is disabled.
- Training and legal knowledge of safe guarding for children.
We trust you will enjoy browsing our site and find a class to fulfil your requirements. We’d love to have you join us. Get in touch to find out more.
Get in Touch
Sylvan School of Dance
Telephone: 07867 556672
Send Us a Message
Have a look over our timetable to find a class that suits